Raghavan, Ph.D, Assistant Professor
Mechanics of aerospace structures and materials, Piezo-spectroscopy,
Thermal Barrier Coatings, Spectral Analysis Methods using Genetic
Algorithms, In-situ strain measurements using synchrotron radiation,
Astronautics, Purdue University, 2008
||Aeronautical Engineering, École Nationale
Supérieure de L’Aéronautique et de L’Espace (SUPAERO), France,1997
||Mechanical Engineering, Nanyang
Technological University, Singapore, 1995
- R. Diaz, M. Jansz, M. Mossaddad, S. Raghavan, J. Okasinski, J. Almer, H. Palaez-Perez, P. Imbrie, “Role of mechanical loads in inducing in-cycle tensile stress in thermally grown oxide", Applied Physics Letters, Vol 100, 111906, 2012
- Gregory Freihofer, Fei Liang, Bharathi Mohan, Jihua Gou, Seetha Raghavan, “Ex-situ Raman spectroscopy to optimize the manufacturing process for a structural MWNT nanocomposite” International Journal of Smart and Nano Materials, Available online 24 Jan 2012.
Stevenson, Ashley Jones & Seetha Raghavan, “Stress Sensing
Nanomaterial Calibrated with Photo-stimulated luminescence emission”,
Nano Letters, Vol. 11(8), 3274-3278, 2011.
Stevenson, Ashley Jones & Seetha Raghavan, “Characterization of
particle dispersion and volume fraction in alumina filled epoxy
nanocomposites using photostimulated luminescence spectroscopy”,
Polymer Journal, Vol. 43, 923-929, 2011.
- Yibo Gao, Fei
Liang, Gregory Freihofer, Benxin Wu, Bharathi Mohan, Seetha Raghavan,
Jihua Gou, Shuyou Li, Brian Albee & Sandra Whaley Bishnoi,
Sintering of Carbon Nanotube Reinforced Ceramic Composites”,
International Journal of Smart and Nano Materials, Available online 21
- Seetha Raghavan & Peter Imbrie, “High
resolution stress mapping of polycrystalline alumina compression using
synchrotron radiation”, Journal of Synchrotron Radiation, Vol. 18,
Issue 3, 495-505, June 2011.
- Gregory Freihofer, Laura
Poliah, Kalippe Walker, Andre Medina & Seetha Raghavan,
Stress Probe: In situ stress mapping with Raman and Photo-stimulated
Luminescence Spectroscopy”, Journal of Instrumentation, Vol. 5, P12003,
- Seetha Raghavan & Peter.K.
Imbrie, “Ex-Situ Stress Measurements in Polycrystalline Ceramics using
Photo-Stimulated Luminescence Spectroscopy and High Energy X-rays”,
Journal of the American Ceramic Society, Vol. 92, 1567-1573, June 2009.
Raghavan, P.K. Imbrie & William A. Crossley, “Spectral analysis
R lines and vibronic sidebands in the emission spectrum of ruby using
genetic algorithms”, Applied Spectroscopy, Vol. 62, 759-765, July 2008.
Raghavan & P.K. Imbrie, “Photo-stimulated luminescence
and high energy x-rays to advance stress measurements in
polycrystalline ceramics ”, Proceedings of the Materials Science and
Technology 2008 conference, October 5-9 2008, Pittsburgh,
- S. Raghavan & P.K.
Imbrie, “The Development of Photo-stimulated Luminescence Spectroscopy
for 3D Stress Measurements in the Thermally Grown Oxide Layer of
Thermal Barrier Coatings.” Proceedings of the Materials Science and
Technology 2007 conference, September 16-20 2007, Detroit, Michigan.
Imbrie & S. Raghavan, “Work in Progress - A Remote e-Laboratory
Student Investigation, Manipulation and Learning”, Proceedings of the
35th ASEE/IEEE Frontiers in Education conference, Oct 19-22 2005,
- S.Y. Lim, B.S. Wong, Raghavan S. “An Apparatus
Inspection of Flawed Materials” Patent, assignee: Singapore
Technologies Aerospace Ltd, Granted 02/28/2006, (Singapore Patent
Application Number: 200107295-8, Publication Number: 118100)
Honors and Awards:
- American Institute of Aeronautics and
- Sigma Xi, The Scientific Research Society
- American Ceramics Society (ACerS)
- The Society of Women Engineers
- Association for Iron and Steel Technology (AIST)
- American Society for Metals International (ASM
- The Minerals, Metals & Materials
- American Society for Engineering Education
- Reviewer for Journal of the American Ceramic
- Lockheed Martin Faculty Fellow 2012
- UCF College of Engineering and Computer Science, Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching Award 2012
- NSF BRIGE Award 2011
Prize award for “A 3D Stress Measurement Model for Chromium-doped
Alumina using the Photo-stimulated Luminescence Spectroscopy Technique”
in student abstract/presentation competition sponsored by the Office of
Naval Research, the Air Force Office of Scienti?c Research and NSF at
the 44th Annual Technical Meeting of the Society of Engineering
Science, October 21-24 2007, College Station, Texas
of Honorable Mention Award for The Society of Sigma Xi Graduate Student
Research Poster Competition, Purdue University, West Lafayette
(Indiana, USA). Feb 2007
- Outstanding Graduate Teaching Assistant Award,
Purdue University, 2005-2006
French Aeronautics and Space Industry Award, FASIA, by French Aerospace
Industry Association for graduate studies in Aeronautical Engineering
at Institut Aéronautique et Spatial and École Nationale Supérieure de
L’Aéronautique,et de L’Espace (SUPAERO), Toulouse, France, 1996-1997.