FACULTY RESEARCH PROFILES
Lionel Hewavitharana, Ph.D, Lecturer
Micro scale heat transfer and fluid flow, macro and micro scale energy systems, Numerical heat transfer.
- Ph.D., Engineering, Louisiana Tech University, 2003
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, Louisiana Tech University, 1997
- B.Sc., Mechanical Engineering, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka, 1984
- Haojie Wang, Weizhong Dai, and Lionel G. Hewavitharana., (2008) A Finite Difference Method for Studying Thermal Deformation in a Double-Layered Thin Film with Imperfect Interfacial Contact and Exposed to Ultrashort Pulse Lasers., International Journal of Thermal Sciences, vol 47, pp. 7-24.
- Hewavitharana, Lionel G., and Hegab, Hisham., (2000) Optimization of the Cooling Capacity of a Microscale Joule-Thomson Refrigerator Based on a Layered Design, Paper presented at the ASME Region X Conference on 03/25/2000 at University of Louisiana at Lafayette, Lafayette, Louisiana.
- Ameel, Tim., and Hewavitharana., Lionel G., (1999) Counter Current Heat Exchangers with Both Fluids Subjected to External Heating., Heat Transfer Engineering-An International Quarterly, Vol. 20, No. 3, July-September, pp. 37-44.
- Ameel, Tim and Hewavitharana, Lionel G., (1997) Performance of Counter Current Heat Exchangers Subjected to External Heating, Paper presented at the Cryogenic Symposium, Cryogenic Coolers and Heat Exchangers Session on 1/28/1997 in Houston, Texas.
- Fernando, W. J. N., and Hewavitharana L. G., (1993) Effect of Fluidized Bed Drying on Stabilization of Rice Bran, Drying Technology-An International Journal, Vol. 11(5), pp. 1115-1126.
- Fernando, W. J. N., and Hewavitharana, L. G., (1990) Influence of Drying on the Storage Ability of Rice Bran, Drying Technology-An International Journal, Vol. 8(4), pp. 845-854.
- Fernando, W. J. N., and Hewavitharana, L. G., (1990) Effect of Drying on the Formation of Free Fatty Acids in Rice Bran, Drying Technology-An International Journal, Vol. 8(3), pp. 593-607.
- Member of ASME
- International student scholarship awarded by the International Student Office, Louisiana Tech University (First recipient)
| ENGR1 Rm. 217